125g butter / butter alternative
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
150g caster sugar
75g dried kiwi
150g self-raising flour
60 ml milk
1 tsp matcha / green tea
100g white chocolate
A large lime
Green food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 170oC / 150oC (fan-assisted) / gas mark 3.
- Beat the butter, vanilla, sugar and eggs together until light a fluffy.
- Chop up the dried kiwi pieces so that they around 1/2cm long and stir in.
- Sift in the flour.
- Infuse your milk with your matcha / green tea by adding it to then milk and gently heating. Do not let the milk boil or catch! Leave it to cool then add to your mix (if you used loose tea strain the milk first). If you didn't use matcha but would like that green look you can add a few drops of green food colouring.
- Divide the mixture into your cupcake cases and bake for 35 minutes or until golden.
- Leave to cool on a rack.
- Grate the rind from the lime and then juice half of it (use the other in a cocktail or something equally glamorous...I picked a Moscow Mule).
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of warm water. Don't let the water boil and don't let the water get into the chocolate. Add the lime juice. It will seize and go grainy but if you keep stirring (I used a whisk for this bit) it will return to a liquid form.
- Let the glaze cool for a bit then apply to the cooled cupcakes.
- EAT AND ENJOY.